Friday, December 10, 2004

Oh, the Maddening Din

I am not quite sure just why the Din is so maddening; he's probably a nice chap if you happen to have a really good pair of earplugs. Truly, the din around Christmas has almost given me cause to be concernced. With this fall semester winding to an end (my last final is tomorrow!), trying to figure out what to do about Christmas presents, participating in the Christmas Cantata at church, putting off figuring out what to do about moving all of my stuff, helping out the family, and all the other minutiae of life, I am about ready to just go hibernate until next April. (Actually it would probably take very little to convince me to hibernate for the winter, if it weren't for the plugging process: blech!)

Other factors are probably exacerbating my fritz: I think that I need to get more sleep, drink more water, eat more greens, and definitely get more exercise. It is so exhilirating to race along the streets atop my bicycle; the wind whipping my ponytail underneath my helmet as I pass my brother at the top of the hill! Exercise certainly does improve your attitude, mine more so when I am competing with my brother. I can tell that I need to get more exercise because I am having a much harder time even trying to keep up with him now. If I can't keep up with Brother on my bicycle, I'm certain to be run over by holiday bargain-hunting hoardes. So, there is nothing left to do but right my epitaph:

She walked to the checkout, sweater in hand;
too bad for her, everyone else ran.

Yeah, it needs work. If you have a better one, please e-mail me or post it as a comment. But in mind of my tender condition, please don't go get it in stone just yet.

No comments: