Sunday, December 19, 2004

Pillar Covering U2 is Like Peanut Butter Fudge

Today has been a day of good food, good fellowship, and good singing. One of the families in the church invited everyone over to their house for a Christmas lunch. Lots of good food! (Small personal victory: I skipped dessert in favor of sweet potatoes; yummy!!) And it's always fun getting together and talking, sharing. I got to hang out with the yungins and the teens, which is always a wonderful experience. They are FULL of energy and enthusiasm.

After lunch I went with Sister to visit some friends, stop by the library, make a quick run into the local grocery store for beans, and then it was back to church (a little bit late) for a choir meeting before our Christmas Cantata this evening. And the Cantata was wonderful! The songs are good, and the soloists who sang did a GREAT job with their parts. Then after that we had another small fellowship time. Mostly just little snacks and finger foods. So, good food and the goodness of God are on my mind.

Well, I have been listening to a CD that my brother and sister have, In the Name of Love. It's an album of U2 songs recorded by various Christian music artists. I really like the cover of "Sunday Bloody Sunday" by the group Pillar. It's really good. Yup. But don't take my word for it. Oooo, and the songs redone by Tait and Tobymac are veeeeery good too.

So, if you are going to be getting me a gift for Christmas, but are not sure what I would like, I can tell you that I really don't want anything. But, if you insist on getting me something just because I am so sweet, make sure that it's something that Brother can borrow, like a can of spinach or two. (Or the new U2 album!!!)<-- Brother wrote that parenthetical addition. Or perhaps a bright pink jumping rope with feather tasseled handles. He would LOVE to borrow that. 8)

No comments: