Wednesday, December 15, 2004

I DIDN"T FLUNK!!!

I checked my grades today (as I have been trying desperately to do for the past three days: I know I'm a dork) and am very happy to report that I DID NOT FLUNK! My good friends and sibs know, that is my "I'm-trying-(but-not-too-hard)-to-be-modest" way of saying that I did good! I brought my cumulative grade point average(GPA) up .04 points. This is good because the school that I want to get into is VERY competitive, especially the nursing program. I have heard of people just barely getting into said school with GPA's similar to mine, and being at the bottom of the incoming class! It's only just a little bit more than somewhat intimidating. But, I know that I can do it. And if not, I could just follow one of my collateral career paths: teaching, forensic pathology, automotive technician, plumber, cosmetologist, brain surgeon. I really am interested in all of these occupations, though I am not certain what kind of skill I would have at them. I am still not certain as to my potential nursing caliber, either. I remember learning that it's better to pray than worry, so I will just be doing a lot of praying.

I hope that your grades are to your satisfaction, and that of the college/program/field that you want to get into, as well. And thankfully, grades don't mean everything. Sometimes they can mean a good scholarship, a fellowship, or an award; but having skill, ability, and common sense are also very important. Perhaps your intelligence is more towards a car's fuel injection system than a person's digestive system. It's a different kind of knowledge. So, the great and powerful "FiOz" tells you to accentuate the positive: build on your strengths, and your weaknesses. Identify your strengths so that you can put them to good use for yourself and those around you, and identify your weaknesses so that you can learn from them and see where they might help you as well.

And don't eat too many servings of "Sugar Free" foods. An overabundance of sorbitol may overly facilitate gastrointestinal peristalsis, hence the warnings on labels: “Excess consumption may have a laxative effect.” Happy Christmas Break!

No comments: