Thursday, December 23, 2004

No Work, No Work, Lalalalalala

Well, after about the second call in, I found out that I didn't have to go to work today. And no one else in the family had work or school, so we have enjoyed the time just doing laundry, lounging around, and venturing out into the snow sparingly. Sister and I actually went on a kind of mission. There is a recycling center that is about 10 minutes from our house by foot. We went there through the snow to see if there were any good magazines to look at in the magazine bin. I believe that this is most commonly referred to as "dumpster diving." Sister and I have talked about it before, but have still been unable to succeed together. There wasn't anything worth looking at that we could see, so we went on in the other direction to the dollar store up the hill.

We stopped at home first to check in with the parental units, and then on down the backroads, staying away from heavy traffic for the ice on the roads. We has just as much fun getting to the dollar store as we did at the dollar store, though it did feel good to thaw for a while. We must have spent about twenty or thirty minutes there. Terrible thing is, I didn't have any money with me, or my checkbook, only my debit card to which I do not know the pin. So, the cashier said that she would keep those things for me until I could pay for them tomorrow with my checkbook.

When we got home, we just did what we had done before taking off: a good deal of nothing. We did eat dinner, watch a movie that Song had checked out earlier, and now we're watching another movie. It is wonderful fun to have nothing important to do. I will try not to take this for granted. And we did get some work done. More to do tomorrow. Time to rest for tonight. God bless you and yours!

P>S> Stay safe if you have ice or snow where you are!

No comments: