Monday, December 27, 2004

Danke, Gracias, Dank u, Grazie, 너를 감사하십시요, Obrigado, Merci, Σας ευχαριστούμε, Вы, and Thank you!

We finished opening our Christmas presents this evening with almost all of us together. I had only opened presents from friends before tonight, but we opened the family presents tonight. The total tally so far is:

  • a DVD player w/remote (whoa!)
  • wool socks (yeah!)
  • a new journal
  • Ferrero Chocolates, and two Lindt truffles
  • chocolate nut fudge, sugared peanuts, and a snowman tin
  • an Oreo tin, pretty greeting cards, and lots of pretty hair pretties
  • a beautiful nativity box
  • beautiful red driving gloves (from Granny:)
  • a fold-out sewing cube
  • an Atkins Cookbook
  • $10 cash and a $10 bookstore gift card


That's quite a pull. I really tried not be giddy about unwrapping presents and reveling in the materialistic emphasis placed on the giving and receiving of Christmas present. I really like the red driving gloves, they match a beautiful red coat that I have.

It was also a lot of fun giving presents. I had some help from my sister, quite a bit actually, in picking the presents that I gave. She and I went to eat lunch with our dad today. That was pretty fun. We enjoyed selecting the presents that we gave to dad. And he seemes to like them too. Our pastor said that we often watch other people unwrap the gifts that we give them to see that they not only accept the gift, but that they also accept us. It is wonderful to know that gifts that you give, at any time of year, are needed, appreciated, and loved. Which reminds me, I have quite a few phone calls to make.

Please pray for the people in Asia that have been affected by the earthquake, its aftershocks, and their effects! And also keep the aid workers in your prayers as well as they attempt to help out.

No comments: