Sunday, December 19, 2004

The Snicket is Better a Little Lemony

We saw the Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events movie tonight with our dad. Sister has read all of the books I believe. I have read none of them, though I did have plans to, and still do. But, there are a LOT of books that I PLAN to read. Some I have even actually started reading. Perhaps if I hadn't read The Neverending Story I wouldn't feel so compelled to read all of these stories. It could also be that short stories and picture books are my downfall. Sometimes it takes a great effort for a story to really gain my rapt attention, even if it is one that I am very interested in reading. This may explain my love of children's stories. They understand the fickle attentions of a juvenile (or juvenile level) reader and compensate with grand sceneries, uniquely intriguing characters, and evocative details. This movie was lots of fun, especially the credits!

Yes, that's all. Odd, no?

No comments: