Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Looking Forward to Election Results and Cooler Weather

Welcome to November! There are still many trees with changing leaves, the weather is cooling down slowly, and here in the south there has been a lot of rain. My sister and I, as well as many of my friends, like sweater weather. I enjoy the weather and the sweaters.

Halloween and all of it's hubbub came and went; today almost everyone at school and work was talking about the election. We talked about it at home and church as well. I cast my ballot today in a quick 15 minutes on my way home from school. I will still be praying that I made that the right choices and that the people that are elected take our city, county, state, and country in the right direction for the future.

This year we had an amazing number of newly registered voters, especially young voters, which was probably highly influenced by all of the very public campaigns to get more people involved. I don't know how many people will read this, but I hope to hear in the weeks to come that we still need to be participating in the governmental and political processes. We still have a privilege and obligation to remain informed about local and federal goings on in our government. If there are school board elections coming up, vote in those. Try to attend a local town council meeting. Read the newspaper or find out online what is going on in your state's House and Senate. Perhaps your local library or college library has a copy of Congressional Digest, which is also a good read. Just be sure to make your voice heard, don't let your government tell you how to live your life or how your children will live their lives.

I have not been very involved besides just voting, here-to-fore. I do plan to change that and I hope that God will be glorified in the decisions that I make.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you trying to lose me, oh fairest fox in the land? I hope that you are not taking anything I say too seriously. I'm absolutely harmless. But I see that I haven't been being fair in my postings. Ooooh, what to tell you about yours truly... as I said, I live somewhere in central Arkansas, I have no siblings and really no family around here to speak of. There now you have at least a little something on me.

Yas

Anonymous said...

As I have no account I must post anonymously, but I don't mind you knowing who I am. Senorita del Zorro knows me as Rain of Tears (hey girl, what's up) and this is a message for Yas: Leave the fair one alone. The simple fact that you name yourself a stalker and then proceed to list everything you've figured out about her labels you as a sicko. If you haven't any family around, get off the internet, go to the mall in little rock, and meet some new friends. The Fair One is my friend, and I will find a way to kick your tail over the computer if I must.