Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Security Updates

Well, with everything that's going on the world, one must stay up to speed or one will be trampled by left-brained elephants that have escaped from the zoo. Don't ask.

Considering the most recent news of Colin Powell's resignation as Secretary of State and Condoleeza Rice being considered for the position, I am left wandering who will be the National Security Adviser. From listening to NPR I know that there are a few people being considered, but what if there is a lag, a window when we will not officially have a National Security Adviser.

Contemplating these heavy subjects has prompted me to look at my own personal security. I am certainly not paranoid, yet, but I know that even when we think things are harmless, that's when we get run over by wildly stampeding left-hemisphere dominant pachiderms. So I have decided to make the decision to limit comments on my blog to those who are registered with blogger.com. There have been comments posted to some of my entries that are disconcerting at the least. I understand that the intentions of posters may be harmless, but I have learned to live by the motto, "Better safe than sorry."

This may offput some of my dear friends who do not have accounts but wish to engage in discourse over the content of my entries. Okay, I DO have a big head and know that you probably aren't THAT interested, but if you are, and if you do want to discuss any of these topics, just send me an e-mail and I will be glad to reply. I am sorry to those who were just trying to have fun and may be hurt by this policy, but I also thank you for understanding and hope that you will continue to enjoy my clever wit. In fact, I would encourage you to open your own blogger account, if you so desire. It is a wonderful way to funnel brain burps, tickle your friends' and family members' funnybones, and to just get things out that might otherwise just fester inside and get all moldy. Moldy ideas don't bring much to fruition.

There is a major drawback though: my REAL diary is quite lonely. I think that I will go give it some company and poor some of my marvelous thoughts into it right now.

No comments: