Friday, November 05, 2004

Wednesday Was Very Fulfilling

Well, yesterday brought both cool breezes and electoral closure. America's president for the next four years will be George W. Bush, and the temperature has dropped on us like a great humpback whale that remembered it couldn't fly. Thankfully, I have some long-sleeved shirts, a jacket or two, and a warm winter coat.

Another reason that I like Wednesdays, which I have probably already mentioned because I repeat myself a LOT, is that I do not have to work on Wednesday nights, and I get to go to church and teach the little kids' class. Last night we talked about David and Jonathon's friendship. I think that my BBB and I are like that; we have a very strong bond of friendship. And while neither of our parents are trying to kill the other, we do kind of have to watch out for each other. This may frighten any person with the slightest bit of medical knowledge or just common sense, but I have felt the twinge or her very mean kidney punch before, as has she mine. But we still love each other. *big grin*

We have always been somewhat crazy. One of our favorite sayings when talking about our friendship with each other is, "She keeps me from going sane." There is much truth in that. There's really no telling where I would be without having known her. I don't think that I would pregnant, on dope, have AIDS, or be in a women's correctional facility (never!), but I certainly would not be as blessed as I am today. I probably wouldn't have the relationship that I have with my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ either. She is really one of the most awesome Christians I know. To the best of my knowledge she has never judged me or anyone else. She will speak her mind and take a stand for her believes, but she does it in the most loving and humble way. She is an approachable person and doesn't shut anyone out. I'm now almost worried that she will read this, because there's no telling what she will do to me if she does. But I think that it's worth saying how cool she is.

My sibs are awesome people to. I look up to them SO MUCH (literally and figuratively)! And there are times when being the shortest has it's advantages. My youngest sister is the only one shorter than me, but maybe I might be able to squeeze at least another inch or two out of my epiphyseal plates before I stop growing.

Well, I probably should go drink a glass of milk. May God bless and be with you and our country: we will certainly need it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm. I wonder what church you go to... oh well, I doubt you'll tell me. I find it very interesting that you seem to be ignoring me, Young Lady of the Fox, whereas this Rain of Tears has taken a protective approach in your defense. Would she be the BBB that you speak of rather often? Reply@Rain of Tears-honestly I'm just having fun. Your friend has nothing to fear from me.

Anonymous said...

By the by, that was Yas

Anonymous said...

I think that the Fair One is right to ignore you, Yas. It's like ignoring the guy on the corner that keeps making catcalls. Ignore him long enough and he'll lose interest. And we only have your word that you are harmless.
Rain of Tears