Thursday, November 25, 2004

¡Feliz Día de Acción de Gracias!

Hoy es el cuarto jueves de noviembre: ¡el Día de Acción de Gracias! Soy agradecido para el pavo, la torta de calabaza, las batatas, la salsa de arándano, el pan de maíz, y especialmente mi familia.

I am not certain that my Spanish is correct, but roughly:

Today is the fourth Thursday in November: Thanksgiving Day! I am thankful for turkey, pumpkin pie, sweet potatoes, cranberry sauce, corn bread, and especially my family.


Well, I hope that it is correct. I have SOO many things to be thankful for that I should probably stick to my native language now to express my gratitude. First things first, who am I expressing my gratitude to? I think that my thanks is being given to the same One that received it last year, two years ago, and however many years ago it was that the pilgrims gave Him thanks. I am still grateful to God for every blessing that He has bestowed to me and in me, especially the gift of His Son Jesus Christ, being born of a virgin, dying for my sins that I might have a right relationship with Him. Thank you Lord!

I am Thankful for:

  1. having today to live
  2. smelling the turkey that Grandma is cooking in the oven
  3. the family that I will be eating dinner with in a little while
  4. the family that won't be here to eat dinner with, but I still love them
  5. my church family
  6. my BBB
  7. the fact that my sister likes my poetry
  8. we can choose whether we want to watch the Macy's Day Parade or James and the Giant Peach
  9. the sibs and I will be able to visit with our Dad on Saturday
  10. my school marks are pretty good, so far
  11. our kitty cat that got out yesterday morning came back in last night!
  12. my cold is dissipating!


Honestly, there are SOO many more things to be thankful for, like jungle gyms and monkey bars, video rental stores, a job, a running car, good teachers, kind coworkers, the Best Bestest Best Buddy in the Whole world! And lets not forget electricity, tissues, the internet, Blogger.com, the computer CD player, Sara Groves' CD Conversations, and comfy, black sweat pants that are wonderful for lounging around the house in. May God bless you greatly today, no matter how little or how much you have!

No comments: