Sunday, February 06, 2005

Sad Side of Still Somewhat Sick

I am still somewhat sick, as I have been all day today. Right now, I am just puttering around on the computer and listening to my favorite Christian rock/urban music radio show. What's really cool is that the station is just down about five minutes drive from here. And you can call or e-mail in requests for songs that you would like to hear. So, though I am still fair-to-middlin' in terms of physical homeostasis and comfort, I am enjoying listening to the songs that I like.

Almost everyone at home is sick, even Little Sister. She's really pretty miserable. I don't remember much of what it is like to be young and yucky-feeling, but I know from seeing and listening to her that it is a draining experience. The little girl that you usually cannot get to sit down for more than a few minutes, she barely had the energy to walk from the diningroom table to the kitchen. She's just pooped. I know that Sister and Brother are only feeling a little bit better. I got to bug Brother while he was trying to do the dishes, and even earlier when he was helping to put away the groceries. Sister, Brother, and Little Sister are the most awesome siblings. I could not get better siblings if I searched, paid money, or gave up internal organs.

While I did not feel 100%, I still felt well enough to push myself a bit. I did some more of those exercises that are supposed to be beneficial to my back, and then I also went for a 40-minute, easy-paced walk, followed by a roughly 15-minute split, round-trip bike ride. I took a long break to read and catch my breathe, but I didn't feel too bad. However, I did get a ride home from mommy: I am, in the end, usually a bit of a wimp.

BIG NEWS: Tobymac's new album, Welcome to Diverse City, is now out in stores. Though I have not heard all of the songs yet, it's Tobymac. I would like to give my officious stamp of approval and strong recommendation to this album. If you have the opportunity, check it out; it will definitely be worth your buck and your time. The website is http://www.tobymac.com.

No comments: