Monday, February 07, 2005

Continuing Neocortical Degradation

I might be acting a little overdramatic about the whole neocortical-apoptosis-thing. (And if you are wondering just what "apoptosis" means, http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=apoptosis has some fairly good definitions.) However, it is Monday, and I am still sick. For the good of mankind I have decided to stay home from school and work today, but I really hope that I get better soon. I have Chemistry class tomorrow!

If you must know, my current state of being is that of a drippy, coughy, sneezing, wheezing, digusting body of germ-ridden, snot-spewing, aching human flesh. "But," I hear you ask, " does your mouth feel clean?" To that I respond that you must ask yourself a question: "Do you feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?!" Now really, what kind of question is that to ask of someone that is ill? Of course my mouth doesn't feel clean. The sinuses that are towards the back of the roof of my mouth are kind of stinging because of all the drainage, and my inner ears feel about the same way.

But, other than all that, I am unfortunately quite mentally alert and raring to go. In fact, I woke up at about 2:30 am this morning. I couldn't get back to sleep, and my alarm wasn't set to go off until 6:30 am, becuase I had every intention of feeling better and going to school. Things that I needed to remember, that I wanted to write to people, certain homework problems, and movie musicals were swirling through my congested, germy little head. I may have been able to snatch one or two more zz's after I got some cough medicine and laid back down, but I mostly just lay there trying to clear my mind. Sorrier am I that I was unable even to go to church yesterday, that's how sick I was.

On the bright side, I cannot be sick forever. I am hoping that I will be well enough to participate in humanity (and Chemistry) again by tomorrow, or at the latest Wednesday. Until then, I will continue to brush and floss my teeth so that once again I may be able to tell you that, truly, my mouth does feel clean!

And what a happy day that will be.

3 comments:

Super Fox said...

Dag-nabbit!!! Can't stand it when your blog is better than mine, Fair One!! Challenge Numero Uno is posted and waiting, chiquita!! Go to!

Anonymous said...

In case you're wondering, I believe this inability to sleep thing is carried on the Loyall gene. Of course, it could be a Lynch thing, too. But it definitely runs in the family. Just the other night, Lucy came to me, unable to sleep and in tears, wondering what would happen if a tornado came along in the middle of the night. OK, the senseless worrying about the uncontrollable vagaries of life might be carried on the Partlow gene, but the fact she couldn't sleep makes her a Loyall.

Auntie Em (Bee)

fair one said...

I think that I know what you mean. When I was little, I would come to mom in the middle of the night worried about all sorts of little things that seemed like these big hulking monsters just outside of my realm of understanding or experience. No fun at all.