Saturday, February 05, 2005

The Past Week (or so) in Review

Hoy es viernes. There is a beautiful weekend ahead: nice weather, no school, no work. And I am sick. I understand that this kind of thing happens. What can you do?

Honestly, I do not mind being sick. I may or may not have mentioned this before, but I enjoy being sick, for a couple of reasons. First of all, I am sick so infrequently that the respite from good health often helps me appreciate that good health all the more. Another reason is that I tend to take better care of myself when I am feeling under the weather. Por ejemplo: today, after coming home from school coughing, I called in to excuse myself from work tonight. While I was eating lunch, I also thumbed through the March issue of Runner's World. There were all kinds of cool articles, but there was one about abdominal exercises that caught my eye. It offered two good exercises to do if you have lower back pain. I do. It sometimes causes sleeping problems because my hips will become sore as well, and I sometimes have pain sitting in the chairs at school or work, I think from my weak back muscles. After letting my lunch set for a while I did one set each of the exercises, as well as some push-ups. Feeling a little bit better, I also took a long, warm soak, cleaned me hair (which was all greasy and icky), and did some of my reading for my Philosophy class.

Our HouseholdMotherFigure(HMF) came home this evening, feeling even worse than I do, but she helped me to feel better. She gave me some cough medicine, which has been MUCH help, and some Vicks Vaporub to help a little more. I do feel better!
~~<@>~~~<@>~~~<@>~~~<@>~~~<@>~~

After napping for about two hours, I tried to fight waking for about 15 minutes, but I am not a very good fighter. Even though I do feel a little sluggish, my brain still feels like it's going full-speed ahead. I ate a yummy dinner of steamed broccoli and plum, a slice of salmon loaf, and a toasted piece of wheat bread. I had some sweet and sour sauce to go with the cooked plum and broccoli : Mmm, Mmm, Mm! (Probably somewhat to my detriment, there are few occasions when I do NOT have an appetite.) Having been perked a little bit by an easy-down supper, I have checked me e-mail and am itching to write. So, I will try to give a brief (HA!) update on the past week's developments.

SATURDAY, Jan. 29th: Local department store had a very good sale. I spent probably $5 more than I needed to, but I don't regret it. Good buys. Later, Little Sister and I walked up to the library, had a good time reading a book called Scranimals, about funny animal/animal and animal/fruit or vegetable combinations (Potatoad, Rhinocerose, etc.). Even Later, Brother and I went to a Christian rock concert. Brother a little sick, but we had a good time. Blessed to get to go. Met local Christian rock radio DJ's after concert. Cool guys.


SUNDAY, Jan. 30th: Church. Visited with Dad. Choir practice. Fifth Sunday Sing at church. Fellowship after service. Visited family: all sick :( .

MONDAY, Jan. 31st: School. Work.


TUESDAY, Feb. 1st: Took tax papers to Grandma. Her tax man is going to do my taxes as well. (Does anyone here Handel?) School. Work. Hung out with BBB after work.


WEDNESDAY, Feb. 2nd: School. NO WORK! Got some stuff done around the house. Cut some bangs for myself. Kept myself from cutting ALL my hair off. Helped Sister with Chemistry homework. Short church: most of us went to the visitation of a dear member of the church who passed away on Monday. I did not know him very well, but he was a kind, funny, godly man. Helped Sister some more with Chemistry, though probably not that much help. Hung out with BBB again :) .


THURSDAY, Feb. 3rd: Ate lunch with a dear older friend. She made us some chicken salad sandwiches. School. Work. ALIEN[microbe]S TOOK OVER MY BODY, FOLDED SOME OF MY LAUNDRY, DID SOME OF MY CHEMISTRY HOMEWORK, AND CONTEMPLATED THE MEANING OF THE UNIVERSE, LEAVING MY CEREBRAL CORTEXT IN A SHAMBLES!!


And we are now back to today: School. Stayed home sick from work. Aside from feeling like I have a bit of neocortical apoptosis going on, I feel that I have mentally recovered from Thursday. I am not certain exactly what happened, but it was a little bit scary. Chemistry homework AND folding my laundry? Oh my, I think that I also emptied the bathroom trash can! Maybe I shouldn't worry about getting better too quickly.


I will now go brush and floss my teeth, smear on some Vick's, and count my blessings.


No comments: