Thursday, February 17, 2005

I Will Live to Love Another Day

Ya know, I don't know if there really are that many people out there that are cornier than I am. You see, I am a lover and not a fighter, therefore I will live to love, and not fight another day. I might have said, "I Will Fight to Live Another Day." In most situations, that is what I would do. Though, honestly I would love to live another day too, but as mama always used to say, "Life is like a box of chocolates; other people have already taken one bite and left the half-eaten ones that they didn't like." Isn't that what your mother always said to you? Hmm, it must be a southern thing.

The point that I am not really trying to make is that when I saw the doctor on Wednesday, which I believe was yesterday, he just said that I have an infection in my ear (didn't mention if it was related to my head cold), granted, a really gross infection. My right ear has been "weeping" for two days now, and sometimes the tears are a little red. Yech! It was enough to have BBB, Sister, and myself rather worried. But, no fear: the doctor prescribed some antibiotics for the infection, and another prescription for the pain, only to be taken as needed so that I can sleep. If the pain isn't too bad, I should be able to sleep without it. This being the second day that I have taken the antibiotics, the swelling around my eustachian tube already seems to have significantly decreased, and the earache is not so agonizingly painful as it had been, though there is still a steady stream of drainage.

There is also wonderful news to be shared: ¡Hoy es el cumpleaños de mi mejor amiga! I am not certain if the grammar is correct, but today BBB and I are the same age! Probably for as long as I have known her it has always seemed to me that she is the older of the two of us. It may be because she is more mature and because I often seem to look younger than I am. I am not certain, but there is probably also a degree of respect involved in this perception as well. In many ways I look up to her (yup, she's taller than me too; who isn't?). And if she is reading this, HAPPY BIRTHDAY KIDDO!!

No comments: