Saturday, March 12, 2005

Shivers

As is habit, I am not asleep yet. I actually got off work somewhat early. I got to pester one of my buddies from the floor. (If you're reading this, thanks for letting me bug you! If you're not reading this... uh) After talking with three of the nicest [looking ;)] guys at work for a while, I dashed. I have had a mild craving for egg rolls again. Since today was pay day, I made a run to Wally World after leaving work. One package of vegetable egg rolls and a half gallon of rocky road ice cream hopped into my cart, accompanied me to the check out, and came home with me. The desire for Rocky Road was a result of listening to Joan Jett but singing the Weird Al lyrics with Bestest Best Buddy (BBB) earlier this week. This trip gave me just enough time to drop the goodies at home and run to pick up my friend, our Household Mother Figure (HMF).

When I drive I like to have the radio on. When the radio is on, I like to have the bass turned up. Just about everything sounds better with the right amount of bass. Even Felix Mendelssohn sounds good with it, though there is really no need to improve on his music. Sometimes it is just nice to mix things up by turning the radio off and listening to the hum of the road as you glide along above it.

Since we were both tired and somewhat hungry when I picked her up, she treated me to IHOP for supper. Turkey sandwich. Not bad. Needs spinach.

I am beginning to feel tired. My ears are a little itchy inside. Definitely sleepy. I noticed that BBB bought another movie. Surprise did not markedly register on my face when I realized what movie it was. She may not say so as much, but I believe that she has accused me of being gross, which I most certainly am. But this movie gets really gross to. Needy, nihilistic insomniacs making soap and bombs while beating each other to bloody pulps. A wonderful movie to be sure.

Well, I had better at least try to get some sleep. I have been getting considerably less than is recommended. Maybe I should take some Valerian root and get more exercise.

No comments: