Thursday, January 20, 2005

Baby Powder!

My car smells like baby powder. This is something that I am proud of. I feel a little bit bad though, because last post I was talking about how I felt that I am a somewhat frugal person. I don't know if this blows that whole conception out of the water, but yesterday I took my car to one of the local "full-service" car washes to be cleaned, vacuumed, polished, and deodorized. I also have a problem with one of the mirrors, and they put tape over it to prevent any damage. They did a wonderful job!

The car that I drive is a nice car, no question. There isn't any sunroof, no CD player, but it does have AC and heat, a decent AM/FM stereo, and a tape player. And it gets me where I need to go quickly and safely. However, I had been neglecting it aesthetically. Sure, it got an oil change and new wiper blades a week or two ago, but it was SOOOOOO dirty. It hadn't had a bath in probably a few months. You may think, "so what?", but when I stayed with the lady to whom the car originally belonged, she took pride in having not just an efficient car, but a clean, unsmelly car. In a way, I felt like I was disobeying, or disregarding her by not keeping the car clean. I am glad that it is clean again. Hopefully I can keep it clean for a while.

Speaking of which, I think that I need to go get my self cleaned up. *Pee Yew!*

No comments: