Thursday, November 12, 2009

Quiet, still, quite still

Being home sick can be quite refreshing, not that I enjoy missing work or school due to illness. However, just having a day to rest, refresh, and be renewed is a blessing.

The decision to remain at home came after waking up at 6 o'clock this morning, taking the dog out, and dragging the refuse to the corner. Once I got back inside I realized that my throat felt like tiny little creatures had crawled in during my slumber and taken a coarse grain sandpaper to its walls. *cough, cough* Some abdominal soreness was enough to convince me that a day of rest was probably in order. Though, in honesty, the abdominal soreness could likely be due to the crunches I've been doing to try strengthening my back and core.

So far today I've emailed my professors with apologies for being absent, checked my Facebook account to find that my best friend has started a profile (and we're officially friends on Facebook :), listened to some of my favorite classical and Romantic period music, received a new haircut from my roommate before she left for work, and given an ear to my friend Jeff's songs. His music is worth recommending. The new Christmas songs that he and his friend Drew have been working on are quality. But don't take my word for it: http://www.myspace.com/jeffharte

Now the plan is to shower, drink a glass or two of water, and try to get a few hours more of sleep in. Later on I'll probably spend some time reading a new book my sister lent me, The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman with illustrations by Dave McKean. Some quiet time with Jesus will definitely be going on too. Then studying for my exam in Mammalian Physiology that is next Monday.

Have I mentioned how happy I am? Last night Zack and I hung out for a few hours and went walking around his neighborhood. Just talking with him and spending time with him brings me joy. I'm looking forward to what will come, but also trying to enjoy and be thankful for the here and now. May I be as good to him as he is to me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a feeling that you are even better to him. This Zack guy sounds like a vary lucky person!!

fair one said...

He's a great guy. C: