Saturday, January 30, 2010

"It won't be long before we'll all be there with..."

SNOW!

The weather here in our area of the States has meant no school, no work, and more time to improve my Guitar Hero skills. However, it has also meant a rather sedentary day and a sore left wrist, arm, and shoulder from playing Guitar Hero too long.

Sadly it has also meant a day away from my honey. He tried to convince me to come over last night before the bad weather set in, but I chose to stay home assuming that our weather people were underestimating the coming winter storm and that we would still have school today.

Thankfully, no school today. Regretfully, no time with Zack today.


However, I have had a chance to work on some of the smaller projects that I needed to get done. The plan now is to get most, if not all, of my work done so that I can enjoy more time with him later. That's the plan at least.

In regards to last night however, my best friend and I got to spend time with an older couple we both know from church. They are exceptionally sweet, hospitable, kind, and funny people. The meal that Elaine cooked was simple but SO good: homemade burgers, cheese dip, and any desired fixings. The conversation was honest, lovingly probing, and deeply caring. I'm glad to have them in my life.

Until next time, may those enjoying snow benefit from the time to relax!

No comments: