Saturday, June 11, 2005

They Charge You Money!?!

My last paycheck was not the kind of paycheck that makes you want to kiss your boss and buy everyone a candy bar. My last paycheck was kind of puny because of the lack of hours that I logged at work. I missed two days to help a friend with the loss of his mother. Then I didn't get a whole 8-hour shift in because we ran out of work to do that day. So, my rent that came due that weekend was enough to eat just about my entire paycheck and most of the contents of my checking account, minus tithe and food money.

In fact, BBB and I needed to get some food since we didn't have much left. It's no fun to be out our own and starving (not that I have nor will likely ever experience anything close to starvation, perhaps not even true hunger). I walked up to the bank attempting to both save gas and get some exercise in. I took out exactly $15 hoping that it would be enough to bye the essentials that we needed. I then trotted over to the grocery store, which was having some truly amazing specials. I was able to get one gallon of milk, two loaves of bread, bologna, a bag of spinach, a bottle of ketchup, a can of chili, some cheese, a box of cereal, and something else, I think. That was all for about $14.25! It was wonderful! And my sister found $10 in my purse when she came with me to the bank, which was in immense help. I am so blessed in that I am well taken care of. God has orchestrated so many things to keep me from totally drowning in so many situations. Not to mention the best family and friends that I could ever hope to imagine to think to ask for.

If only it didn't cost anything to read books. Wait, there is a way! The library!

Ciao, y'all!

No comments: