Friday, January 06, 2006

New Rockin' Hair Colour

Okay, that is not an objective view on the current state of colouration on my crown, but it is temporarily not itself. Yes, in honor of the New Year, my sister and I both used a temporary hair dye on New Year's Eve. The picture is not a shot of either of our noggins, but it does somewhat illustrate the hue. The name of the colour was "Chill Plum," one of the shades in the L'Oreal Color Pulse line of temporary hair color mousse.


On their website, the color shows up as being more purple, which is what I was hoping for, but our hair came out more red. This was actually a nice result for both of us as our natural hair color has some red highlights, especially my sister. The color is also complimentary to our fair skin tones. It was fun and inexpensive, coming in at just under $5. Another nice thing about going the temporary route is that the dye shouldn't damage healthy hair as it has no ammonia or peroxide. My natural hair color is wonderful, but I just occassionally feel the need to have some fun with it.

In other news, I have finished my schedule for the upcoming Spring semester and revised my 5-year plan from becoming Registered Nurse to becoming a Doctor of Physical Therapy. I'm trying to still look around and see what my options are, while maintaining some grounding and not being blown by every new breeze of an idea that comes my way. (Thankfully I'm of a stout young woman and not easily moved.) The decision to change my course of study came with some degree of serious consideration. I had been planning on nursing mostly because that was the way I had been nudged for a while. Nursing would probably be challenging and fulfilling, but I think that I would enjoy and be more challenged and fulfilled by Physical Therapy. I will still keep my eyes and ears open. Thankfully I have a plethora (buzzword of 2000 anyone?) of advisors to gain insight, wisdom, and the understanding that I shouldn't try to do some things on my own.

No comments: